Transit Visa


About Transit Visa

For travelers who are stopping over in Japan enroute to another country due to flight schedules.
Please contact your airline(s) to confirm whether or not you will go through the Immigration area at the transferring airport. If you will, then you most likely need a transit visa. If not, then you do not need a transit visa.
(excluding Nationals of visa-exempt countries for Short-Term Stay)
Transit visa grant activities in Japan are limited to sightseeing, recreation, rest only.

Required Documents

-Valid passport
-One visa application form (sample), completed and signed
-One passport-sized (45mm ×35mm) photograph, no more than six months old
-Air ticket (E-ticket if booked) or Flight information for journey to and from Japan
-Visa for the destination after Japan (Copy)